Best DIY Essential Oil Jewellery Cleaner
Looking for the Best DIY Essential Oil Jewellery Cleaner? Do you have beautiful jewellery that doesn’t look as beautiful as it should…?
Oh my, when I looked at my wedding rings the other day, they were utterly disgusting, black gunk, grime and dirt built up in and around my stones and the underside… Let’s not even go there!
I have a jewellery cleaner that I brought way back when I first got my wedding rings (8 years ago) and I used to clean them regularly. The problem with this was that after the first couple of times of using it I discovered that I needed to wear gloves and a face mask (not really the mask but probably should have!) The compound used in the cleaner was smelly and I’m positive highly toxic!
I then started taking them back to the jeweller to be cleaned because I just didn’t want to go anywhere near the cleaner I had. But NOW I can clean my jewellery every month and the best bit is it’s all natural and I don’t have to wear gloves.
Here is my DIY Essential Oil Jewellery Cleaner that I promise you, so you wont need to wear gloves or a face mask for. It’s designed to be used on gold, silver, diamonds and platinum.
What You Will Need
- Warm water
- 2 tbsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp witch hazel (can purchase at Chemist Warehouse)
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Small bowl
- Old tooth brush
- Get a small bowl and add 1 tsp witch hazel then 3 drops of lemon essential oil. Stir well.
- Add the bicarbonate soda and pour warm water on top.
- Stir well until you get a milky solution.
- Place your jewellery in the solution and leave it there for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, you can give it a gentle scrub using an old toothbrush.
- Rinse well and admire how clean your jewellery is again!
If you are new to essential oils, learn more about them
Was this valuable? If you enjoyed this post on , DIY Essential Oil Jewellery Cleaner let me know in the comments below and feel free to share.